Friday, March 7, 2014

Up A Ladder and Nowhere to Go


Do you ever find yourself up a ladder with nowhere to go?
It's been happening to me a lot lately. . . .

 
 
I don't know why Mom moved the ladder out in the middle of nowhere. . . .
I was just TRYING to HELP. . . .
She had that big fireplace and keeping room to clean, so
I looked around to see what I could get into do to help.
I spotted a ladder beside the cupboards. . . .Hey!!!! 
I could dust the tops of the cabinets. . . .and
 
I do LOVE climbing ladders!!!!!
 
The only thing I like more is jumping from the ladder to 'higher ground.'
It wasn't my fault I knocked off the enamelware and bird's nests. . . .
and made such a loud noise that Daddy came running in from outside.
There's only so much room up there, you know. . . .
 
 
When I ventured out from under the bed a little later,
my ladder was sitting in the middle of the floor. . . .
Hmmmmm. . . .
I need to get back to my dusting. . . .
Hmmmmm. . . .
Doesn't Mom see me waiting patiently?
 
 
I'm getting awfully tired and sleepy. . . .
 
 
Oooooh. . . .I had a thought!
Maybe I could jump from here? . . . .
Uh-uh. . . .Too much effort. . . .
 
 
I'll just rest here for a while. . . .
I really have nowhere to go anyway.
 
 
. . . from my farmhouse ladder to yours. . .
 
 
Boo is our walking miracle.
He has survived Addisons Disease for six years,
in spite of all odds and the frequent and painful crises.
He has been close to death more times than I like to think.
He has suffered much. . . .
But, he loves life and never considers giving up.
We won't give up on him either.
Each day we have him is a blessing.
 
Boo continues to work in research for Pfizer Pharmaceutical.
Through his vet and friend Dr. Cato, he reluctantly gives
his blood for research and willingly tests experimental drugs
in hopes that a cure will be found.
He has his own room and couch when he's 'at work'
and has won everyone's heart.
 
Out of the 600 original participants,
Boo is one of three left and the oldest of them all.
 
With their help, progress is being made with this disease that is becoming
more and more common in animals--as well as humans.
Maybe one day an answer will be found
so that other pets--or humans--won't have to suffer.
 
For more information about Feline Addisons Disease:
 
Canine Addisons Disease symptoms and treatments 
are basically the same.
 
 


17 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Oh Boo, you are sooo beautiful and I just love you!... kitty kisses sweet little guy... how wonderful you are helping other kitties and humans even to overcome this illness... you look so happy and healthy!... enjoy your "dusting"... xoxo Jule Marie

Patty Sumner said...

Boo is BOOeautiful! How wonderful that he is getting better and being able to enjoy life....Great pics andd wonderful story of Boo's life. Blessings!

Junkchiccottage said...

Boo is so sweet and what a cute face!!! How wonderful that is he doing so well and at the same time helping other animals down the road. What a beautiful story on your post today.
Kris

Anonymous said...

Oh, little Boo is adorable. Bless his little heart and I do hope he lives a long long life and all of the research he helps with will find a cure for this. He is such a sweetie,
Blessings,
Shelia;)

Pamela Gordon said...

Boo is a beautiful cat and you captured some sweet pics of him. I hope they find a cure for Addison's with Boo's help. Have a nice weekend!

Unknown said...

Boo has the sweetest face! Hope Boo continues to stay healthy and we can see more of his antics...:)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Oh,, poor Boo! What a beautiful cat. Is he part Maine Coon cat? He looks like it.
Brenda

- abigail - said...

oh! i love him! so adorable. You captured his personality, story and predicament perfectly, i feel like i know him personally :)

Old Time Cindy said...

Boo looks a lot like my Sassy that I had (except she had no white). He is so sweet and I know how you miss him when he's doing his work at the clinic. He is a little miracle!

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

What a sweet kitty Boo is. So brave to participate in research for Addisons. ♥

cynthia lee designs said...

Boo is so adorable and cute!! He looks just like my daughter's cat...Bella. What a brave kitty to be helping find a cure for Addison's.
hugs,
Cindy

Maureen Wyatt said...

Boo has earned the odd ladder mishap, no matter how much noise there was when everything came crashing down. He is amazing and you are wonderful to put so much into helping him make a difference!

Florida Farm Girl said...

Boo kitty, you are one handsome dude!! Must be the day for handsome felines. That Feral kitty Tomaz from Montana is in blogland news today, too.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh Boo, you made my day! Sometimes I feel like I'm up a ladder with nowhere to go. lol! Next time I might just close my eyes and rest. Hope I don't fall off!
hugs,
Jann

Marikki said...

Boo, you are sweet and beautiful!♥

Lovely post!;)

Many hugs, Marikki

Menagerie Soaps said...

Ohhh, he is just so beautiful!

Deb said...

What a beautiful boy. I have never heard of this disease and will now read about it. Thank you for this info. Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...