Monday, September 14, 2015

Leave Those Vintage Reproductions Out


LEAVE THEM OUT AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FARMHOUSE STYLE ON A BUDGET. . .

It's that time of the year, when I'm BAKING for FALL and needing the basic ingredients close at hand. . .Last week I made APPLESAUCE FRUIT CAKES and other GOODIES. . .As I began to tidy up. . .putting everything back in the cabinets. . .I really LOOKED at the supplies. . .Because I'm a VINTAGE GAL, I naturally gravitate to buying items in VINTAGE LOOKING containers. . .I had no plan to display them. . .but there they were. . .Mixed among the antique FOLGERS COFFEE CAN (I hide more supplies in it ). . .the CHEESE BOX (for holding nut choppers and cinnamon sticks). . .and the VINTAGE SNAP LIDS (John found these in the shop and put them there weeks ago). . .the CORNSTARCH, BAKING SODA, and BAKING POWDER--new with a bar code on the back--fit right in. . .I remember in GRANDMOTHER'S HOUSE these items were always out. . .along with anything else she used daily. . .Grandmothers were sure SMART, weren't they?

Try it for a FARMHOUSE TOUCH in your KITCHEN. . .After all, the boxes are FREE. . .You're only paying for what's inside. . .HOW CLEVER. . .(smile)





Take a good look, though. . .Soon I'll be changing everything at this BAKERS CABINET for FALL and WINTER. . .I am already making the plans in my mind. . .It will be an all new 'OLD LOOK'. . .that I'll be sure to share. . .




6 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

I love the look of the vintage containers sitting out. I can't wait to see your fall decor.

cynthia lee designs said...

Great idea....thinking I'll put some of mine out.
hugs,
Cindy

Debby Ray said...

Oh, I do like those new "old" labels! I think I may have a Clabber Girl cornstarch container in my cabinet. I may have to disply it somewhere...thanks for the great idea! Happy Monday!

Sam I Am...... said...

I've done that too but yours looks so much nicer! I get carried away and end with clutter and that is not "decorative"....it's just clutter! LOL!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

just lovely... as always...

Anonymous said...

i love the old containers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...